Naturopath – Renece Lovett BHSc(Naturopathy), A.T.M.S
There are three Metagenics Detoxification Programs – The Express Detox, The Integrated Detox and The Specialised Detox (see below). These programs are offered by qualified Healthcare Practitioners and the one most suited to your health needs will be tailored for you so that you can achieve the best possible results. Throughout the chosen program, you will be prescribed nutritional and herbal formulas with dietary and lifestyle guidelines to support and enhance your detoxification processes. Your individual product prescription and the duration of treatment will vary depending on which program is appropriate; however dietary and lifestyle guidelines remain consistent for all the detox programs.
The Detoxification Questionnaire is a valuable tool in selecting the appropriate program and may be downloaded, printed and completed in advance. It may also be completed at your Initial Consultation. Renece will guide you through this process.
The Express Detox Program: 2 weeks
The Express Detox may be recommended for individuals who are simply aiming to optimise their current state of good health and do not suffer from digestive or chronic health concerns. This short two week detox may be appropriate for those who are essentially well, but who have recently overindulged. It is also ideal as a regular ‘spring clean’ detox after having completed one of the Integrated or Specialised Detoxification programs previously, to keep you well in the long term.
The Integrated Detox Program: 4 weeks
A four week program suitable for most patients to improve their digestive health, liver function and overall health and wellbeing. This program is appropriate for those with general digestive or health imbalances and may aid in supporting healthy intestinal microbial balance.
The Specialised Detoxification Program: 6 weeks
- Specialised Gut Detox: An extended six week detoxification program ideal for those who suffer from chronic or extensive digestive symptoms, or experience digestive conditions and imbalances in gut flora that negatively impact on health and wellbeing.
- Specialised Liver Detox: An extended six week detoxification program may be recommended to those with a high level of chemical exposure or who require additional liver support to improve health.
- Specialised Chelation Detox: An extended six week detoxification program to support those exposed to heavy metals, such as lead, arsenic, mercury or cadmium. This program enhances the removal of heavy metals.
- Pregnancy: Detoxification should not be attempted during pregnancy. If you fall pregnant while doing a detox you should stop the program and contact your Practitioner. If you are planning to conceive, it is however, a very good idea for both partners to detoxify before pregnancy. Eggs and sperm take three to four months to develop, so you should aim to have completed your detox at least four months prior to conception.
- Medication: Many prescription medications can be affected by the detoxification process. However, it is unusual that you will need to alter the dosage of the medication you are taking; you may just need to separate the doses away from your detox supplements. Renece will be able to advise you if the medication you are taking will be affected by your detox, and if this is the case, will provide recommendations on what to do. Be sure to inform her of any medication you are taking before you start your detox.
- Side effects: Occasionally people may experience adverse symptoms during a detoxification program, such as nausea, changes in bowel function or headaches. Generally these are short term and will resolve without need for intervention; however, you should discuss them with Renece if they are severe or last more than a few days.
How do I get started?
Call us today! We are trained to support and guide you and will help you on your journey to true health and vitality.