Dr Dean Sargeant
B.Pod M.A.Pod.A Cert III Fitness.
Podiatry involves the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs. Podiatrists commonly treat foot and lower limb complaints arising from the following:
- Bone & Joint Disorders e.g. arthritis
- Soft Tissue and Muscular Pathologies
- Neurological & Circulatory Diseases
- Skin & Nail Disorders e.g. corns, calluses & ingrown toenails
- Injury and Infection gained through sports and other activities
Podiatrists also diagnose and treat foot problems in children through careful examination of the feet and lower limbs.